5 Tips of Excellence to Leave Procrastination Behind
Updated: Jun 24, 2019
“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.” – Mark Twain.
It's time to get more done and leave #Procrastination behind. Therefore, I would like to share with you my 5 tips of Excellence:
1. Check-in with yourself: The first step is to acknowledge the fact that you are procrastinating and then reflect on how this is serving you. What would be different if you didn’t?
2. Priorities vs Posteriorities: First things first. This is about separating what needs doing now from what can be postponed or even eliminated. To tell them apart, ask yourself, what would happen if I didn’t do it?
3. Turn it into something Fun: If it can’t be eliminated, turn it into a game and set yourself rewards for when you have accomplished it. I treat myself to a brownie when I finish a recurring task in less time.
4. Break it down into smaller chunks: The best way to get started is by reducing the size of whatever it is that you’d like to get done and then focusing on each chunk at a time. Make sure you set deadlines.
5. Don’t lose sight of the end result: Keeping your goal in mind at all times, try to see yourself 5 minutes after having achieved it. What do you see, feel and hear? How did you get there?
Download tips of Excellence here
All the best,
Jose Luis Ucar
Excellence Coach at Finding Excellence
© Finding Excellence. All rights reserved.